Join at the library by presenting ID with your full name and current address. Click here to view a full list of acceptable forms of identification.
We will take a few moments to register you on our system and you can then borrow right away.
If you have one of the acceptable forms of ID but it doesn't show your current address, you can become a short term member. This will allow you to borrow a limited number of items, as well as use the internet and our online resources. Short term membership expires after one month.
Join online by completing an online membership form and you will be given a temporary number which will allow you to access our online catalogue. We will post out your new library card and information pack to you within 3 working days. Just bring your new card and current ID showing your address on your first visit to the library.
One card does it all so you can use the same card in the library and online.
Adults - aged 18 years and over
Junior - anyone aged under 18 years*
Sponge Club - kids between 5 and 12 years*
Organisation - organisations and institutions within the City of Darebin i.e. schools and nursing homes. The conditions of membership are detailed in the Organisational Memberships Guidelines. To apply, please complete a membership form.
Short Term - if you don't have ID with your current address or if you're visiting for a limited time
*All Junior and Sponge Club membership applications must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.Top
I agree to abide by all Darebin Libraries' rules, regulations and expected behaviours, including:
1. Abiding by our rules of entry;
2. Following our Lending Policies and Procedures;
3. Return, or renew, loans before or on the due date;
4. Pay fines for items overdue or returned overdue;
5. Pay for lost or damaged products and membership cards;
6. Notify the library immediately of change of address or loss of card;
7. Borrowing and/or use the products from Darebin Libraries that I produce my
AGREEMENT TO ACCEPT EMAIL/SMS NOTICES
By agreeing to receive email/sms notices I will abide by the following regulations:
1. I Agree to take full responsibility to check my email account for library notices;
2. Darebin Libraries accepts no responsibility for any fines incurred due to unread
emails/sms notices and/or incidental perusal of overdue notices by a third
3. All notices will be sent to the email address supplied on this form;
4. Notify the library immediately of change of email address or mobile number;
5. Please be aware if you have anti spam software on your email account, notices
may be diverted into a junk folder.
AGREEMENT TO USE INTERNET/WIRELESS SERVICES:
1. All customers must be a member of Darebin Libraries and produce their
membership card or ID;
2. Darebin Libraries is not responsible for information accessed, viewed or
downloaded by customers that is considered sexually explicit or pornographic,
obscene, threatening or defamatory;
3. Customers are prohibited from violation of copyright laws, damaging or altering
library computer hardware or software;
4. Customers must abide by the library policies and guidelines and follow requests
and instruction from staff.